What Calcium Does
The body needs a lot of calcium because:
- The bones consist mainly of calcium.
- One third of the body protein, by weight, consists of collagen (a jelly-like substance) that has vitamin C as its most important ingredient. This jelly is dependent on sufficient calcium to set. These two ingredients are mainly responsible for the firmness of tissue.
- Calcium is vital in any healing process.
- A shortage of calcium results in nervous tension and irritability, and
- Calcium is a key ingredient for normal sleep.
- The cell walls need calcium to resist infection-related intrusions.
- Sufficient calcium in the blood will alleviate many instances of pain (calcium injections are sometimes used for even excruciating pains).
But calcium is difficult to absorb because:
• It has large molecules.
• Calcium needs to work with other minerals, mainly magnesium.
• The right pH-balance is needed for calcium to be absorbed.
Until about 30 years ago, it was believed that peoples’ bones naturally grew more porous with age. However, blood calcium stays fairly constant throughout life because the body will draw it from the bones when needed, so low calcium levels are not detectable through blood tests. Excess calcium and magnesium is not a problem, if in balance. Calcium is stored in the bones but, if the blood has a shortage, the withdrawal from the bones will make them porous. If enough calcium is absorbed from the diet, the bones won’t get robbed.
• Are a primary factor in mood swings before and during menstruation.
• Are a major cause of dental problems.
• Are most marked in people over 40, especially women, and especially those who have given child-birth.
• Are a prime cause of muscle cramps, spasms and irritability, including spastic colon and irritable bowel syndrome.
Magnesium : Calcium’s Partner
• Is a prime factor in digestion.
• Is a prime factor in controlling blood cholesterol.
• Coats the nerve ends – the reason that a deficiency causes jumpiness.
• Deficiencies, as with calcium, cause irritability and sleeplessness.
• Without balanced magnesium, certain calcium-based kidney stones will form.
• Calcium taken alone will tend to “crowd out” magnesium from the blood, causing deficiencies.
• Vital for diabetics.
Instant CalMag-C Formulation
Sunshine VitaminsTM INSTANT CalMag-C is precisely formulated for maximum absorption so it provides the right pH balance and is balanced with magnesium in the 2:1 recommended ratio.
It fizzes for a reason. In combining with magnesium, the calcium molecules shed particles and so become smaller and more easily absorbed into the blood.
And What of Taste
We get a multitude of compliments from users comparing it to the taste of other preparations, which has made us extremely confident of INSTANT CalMag-C’s taste superiority.