From infants to grandparents.
IT IS THE MOST PLENTIFULLY USED MINERAL IN THE HUMAN BODY.
But, it has some absorption problems.
- It has to be balanced with magnesium if the body is to use it well.
- In fact, taking either calcium or magnesium alone is likely to cause deficiency problems with the other.
LET’S SEE WHAT THOSE MIGHT BE.
We all learned at school how calcium is good for bones and teeth.
LESS WELL KNOWN….
- is that calcium is also needed in the BLOOD.
- and in the TISSUES. By TISSUES we mean muscles, organs, eyes, etc.
IN THE BLOOD IT WORKS FOR:
- mood stability
- sleep cycle
- pain sensitivity
- correct blood clotting
IN THE TISSUES IT WORKS FOR:
- Cell repair.
- Menstruation. That includes any ovarian activity: puberty, before and during menstruation as well as menopause. At those times the need for calcium goes sky high and then typically women have problems with mood, sleep, pain and blood clotting.
- It is VITAL for muscle function, back to that in a moment.
- It is VITAL for HEALTHY TISSUES, particularly GUMS.
NOW, MAGNESIUM …
- occurs in over 300 digestive enzymes. If you are short of MAGNESIUM you don’t digest your food properly – you’ll feel this as lowered energy or you’ll get hungry too soon after your last meal and want to eat again too early.
It works with calcium on:
- Muscle function
- Sleep cycle
- Pain sensitivity
MAGNESIUM IS PARTICULARLY INVOLVED WITH NOISE SENSITIVITY
The reason? A function of MAGNESIUM is to coat the nerve ends. If you are short of it there is nothing between your nerve ends and the environment and so small noises will irritate or upset you, especially when you are tying to sleep.
BUT, BOTH CALCIUM AND MAGNESIUM ARE ALKALINE…
… so they need a little ACID to get them back to neutral so they can dissolve and be absorbed. We’ve done this naturally using vitamin C – so it’s all natural without side effects. The body has to have calcium, magnesium and vitamin C.
WITH THIS FORMULATION IT GETS INTO THE BLOOD STREAM WITHIN MINUTES.
BACK TO MUSCLE FUNCTION.
There are two main sets of minerals in the body (there are others as well) but these are the main ones the body uses for smooth muscle function: calcium/magnesium and salt/potassium. Shortages of any one will cause cramping. A cramp is almost always one of these four that is short.
In each set, one works for smooth muscle contraction while the other for smooth muscle relaxation. Before the cramps start you might get slight co-ordination problems. It can start with hand or eyelid tremors and then move onto irritable bowels, restless legs and then to cramps and then chronic muscle pain.
The one set, sodium and potassium, can be short, but MOST OF US ARE SHORT OF CALCIUM AND MAGNESIUM TO SOME DEGREE – BECAUSE MODERN DIETS ARE HIGH IN SUGAR AND STARCH and they cause losses of these minerals.
In addition, SUGAR AND STARCH USE UP HYDROCHLORIC ACID IN THE STOMACH AND THEN THERE ISN’T ENOUGH LEFT OVER FOR PROPER CALCIUM ABSORPTION so we end up short of calcium and magnesium because they work together. Not only that, but unabsorbed calcium can end up as deposits in joints, kidneys and other inappropriate places.
Calcium and magnesium cover so many functions in the body that without them many little things can go wrong that are accepted as “natural” but are quite unnecessary, so INSTANT CALMAG-C makes good sense. Even such things as proper heart function, uncolicky babies, happily teething babies, etc, etc depend on these minerals.
Disclaimer: Please note that we are not doctors. Should you have any illness or disease, please refer to your medical practitioner for the advice. The only advice we give is purely educational but we do recommend that you find yourself a practitioner who understands nutrition in relation to disease.